Royal Hairstyles Training Academy & Salon was founded in 2012 by Kenneth Mokgosi and Sean Walker. The school seeks to train individuals in the latest hairdressing and beauty techniques, specializing on the African market.
Our training programmes are available to individuals with and without industry experience. Our lecturers, moderators & assessors have over 60 years of experience in the industry & have been trained in the USA, Europe & South Africa. We award certificates to all students that successfully complete our programs. For more details, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (email), 0113342806 (phone), or 0842284318 (Whatsapp).
The school is:
- SETA (Sector Education Training Authority) Accredited
- SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) Aligned
- NQF (National Qualification Framework) Aligned
Having been trained in the USA, Europe & South Africa, Kenneth Mokgosi is one of the premier hairdressers on the African continent. With more than thirty years of experience in the hair care industry, Kenneth is inspired by an ambition to expand his business, knowledge, experience and a willingness to give back to others.
Kenneth believes that should the South African hair industry uphold a professional manner, South African hairstylists would be setting the standard around the world.
His achievements and qualifications include:
- South Africa Hairdressing Board Exam - 1999
- Services Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) Trade Test - 2004
- Services SETA - Copenhagen Top student - 10 October 2005
- Beauty Africa (1st Place Black Trophy Cut and Style; 1st Place Black Trophy Colour) - March 2006
- E.U. Certificate in Hairdressing - 2009
- SETA European Global Assessor - Chicago - 2009
- EOHCB Gauteng Regional Hairdressing Championship 2010 - 1st Place Ladies Creative Styling - Bridal Hairstyle on Long Hair
- EOHCB Gauteng Regional Hairdressing Championship 2010 - 1ST Place - Fashionable Ladies Cut & Finish/Style
Sean Walker became drawn to the South African hairdressing industry almost immediately after arriving in South Africa in January 2009. With the size and buying power of the black middle class South African, he wondered whether there was an opportunity to provide a high quality training program for individuals passionate about hairstyling a black clientele.
Upon meeting Kenneth, Sean realized that his initial idea had legs & the two started to build a curriculum that would meet the needs of the South African market. Immediately before starting Royal Hairstyles, Sean Walker was a small business consultant for three years at Endeavor South Africa. Before his work at Endeavor, Sean spent two years as an M&A investment banker at Citi in New York. Sean has a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, with a concentration in finance, from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.